Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Conventions (updated)

Remember when I said that my choices we not completely solid? Well... there have been some changes to the conventions I will be breaking and following. 

I was recently reminded that the snippet of my documentary that I am presenting is supposed to be disseminated through television (so it's a televised documentary), and these documentaries have slightly different conventions. BUT, I am going to make the case for my documentary to be disseminated through a streaming service such as Netflix (blog post later going more in depth). I am doing this because my documentary is centered on a younger audience since it features couples of the 21rst century (basically gen z couples), this is also why I am going to be ditching the voice over (a convention of the televised doc.), because it creates a feeling of formality and I want my audience to be able to relate to these subjects. I am also actually GOING to use a staged setting for my sit-down interviews (these will be indirect), this will be to present a clear distinction between the direct interviews that will be used during the raw footage (I want this progression between direct and indirect to be smooth, resembling that of "American Promise's"). I plan on using the same framing for each sit-down interview, as well as a certain manipulation of light, to distinguish the interviews (later more in depth post on this). 

I will be going more in depth in various of these conventions that I will be breaking.

These are now S O L I D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment