Friday, April 14, 2017

final posters!

I went through a bit of a process with my posters.

From creating a specific design to realizing that I could not recreate that design to redoing the subheadings over and over again (to get the spacing just right). I went through a lot with these posters and I am pretty happy with the outcomes. In this post I not only wanted to exhibit my final posters, but write about how they evolved through this entire process.

This was the original design for my poster (which I have posted beforehand). My idea was to resemble the Moonlight poster in the division of the poster in three and lining up the couple's hands accordingly to form one. This is not work out


I ended up with a skeleton that resembled this (the image on the right). I could not figure out a way to divide up the space and line the hands up to form one, so instead I kept the separations but included every picture. This makes the hand-holding evident with each couple and can be used to interpret the same message I was original going for (even though they are all different couples, they are the same in being a 21rst century couple, they are all essentially "together"). My second task was figuring out the subheading to my title, a phrase that could summarize the documentary as a whole in what it entailed. I started with "exploring the nature of the 21rst century relationship", but it was too long and would break the conventions of a subheading that I was trying to keep. 
 Soooooo I present to you my final documentary poster (on the left)!! The subheading that I used was a simple "in the 21rst century". I feel like it sums up what I am trying to display through my documentary and goes along perfectly with my title. This is my main poster, but I also plan on releasing individual posters to resemble that of Moonlight's as well (so the audience gets the separate individual picture of each piece of the poster).



These are the individual posters, which will also be released! I did this so that the audience could see each individual image that makes up the main poster, these will be released in lesser volume, making them a bit more exclusive to give them a more of a "collectors" value.




No comments:

Post a Comment