Saturday, April 15, 2017

website inspo

For my website I wanted to keep it simple yet vibrant. I modeled it after documentary websites such as Meru, Blackfish, and American Promise. They all had a strong homepage, very simple without any embellishment and links to watch the trailer or the documentary itself. That is exactly how I made my homepage, with the title of the doc, the same description I used in its poster and a button to watch the documentary.

 I modeled the rest of my website after the Blackfish website, in that besides having the homepage there were tabs that led you to a more in depth viewing of the documentary (there was a synopsis, a gallery, the news tab etc.). I did this because I wanted to give more background to my website without having the clutter in the homepage, so I added a sidebar that held two more tabs (the gallery and the "about the doc" tabs).

For the visuals I used the skeleton of my main poster for the home page and the three pictures that made up my poster for the side tabs, I did this because I felt like it connected the website as a whole, making it cohesive with the documentary and with the poster.


No comments:

Post a Comment